Student Financial Aid
2021-22 Student Financial Aid Forms
Prior to completing the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA)
, please review our FAFSA Tips
for tips on completing the FAFSA correctly. In order to be considered for need-based scholarships, your FAFSA and other requirements, if applicable must be received and processed by our office on or before the priority deadline of February 1. Please visit the University Scholarships Website for more information. In order to be considered for Supplemental Grant (SEOG) or Federal Work Study funds, your FAFSA and other requirements, if applicable, must be received and processed by our office before the priority deadline of March 1. SEOG and FWS funds are extremely limited so meeting the deadline does not guarantee offer of these funds.
Students will use our Student Forms Portal to complete/submit financial aid tasks. After we receive and review your FAFSA, we will send an email to your AU email address if there are tasks required for you to complete. This email will provide instructions to register your account so that you can view, complete, and submit your required tasks online.
Our office will begin sending estimated
award offers to students who have met all requirements in January. Students will not be able to accept or decline the estimated awards. We will begin sending actual
award offers to students who have met all requirements in March. Both estimated and actual award notifications will be sent to AU email addresses. With actual awards, we will provide instructions to accept or decline award offers online. All requirements must be complete in order to receive an estimated or actual award offer. An application is considered complete only when all requested information to determine eligibility are received.
2021-22 PLUS Loan Information
Attention Parents: Please be sure that your student's 2021-22 FAFSA has been filed and other tasks, if required, have been completed prior to applying for the Parent PLUS Loan.
2021-22 Graduate PLUS Application
- Eligible graduate students are allowed to borrow under the Federal Graduate PLUS Program to assist with educational costs. It is advised that you maximize your Direct Unsubsidized Loan eligibility before you apply for the Graduate PLUS Loan. Please be sure that your 2021-22 FAFSA has been filed and other tasks, if required, have been completed prior to applying for the Graduate PLUS Loan.
2021-22 PLUS Treatment of Excess Funds
- This provides instructions for changing your option for PLUS Loan treatment of excess funds.
Dependent Student Family Contribution Appeal
- This is for dependent students whose status has changed due to extenuating circumstances.
Independent Student Family Contribution Appeal
- This is for independent students whose status has changed due to extenuating circumstances.
- This is for students who do not meet federal criteria to be considered independent, but consider themselves to be independent based on extenuating circumstances.
Federal Work Study Information Sheet
- Complete this form and return to our office ONLY if you have been offered Federal Work Study for 2021-22 and you have accepted the offer.
Financial Release Information
- This is required if you would like to grant permission for Student Financial Services to release your financial information to your parent(s) or guardian(s). To complete this request: Logon to AU Access using your username and password. Select the Financial Release Information link on your My Finances tab to submit the request.
Employee Dependent Waiver Form
- This application is required for students whose parent is a full-time AU employee and wishes to apply for the one-half tuition employee dependent waiver.
Money Talks Application
- The Office of Student Financial Services offers a unique employment opportunity for qualified Graduate Work Study Employees to staff our MONEY TALKS Financial Aid Tele-Counseling Center. Qualified employees will receive incoming financial aid telephone inquiries, respond to caller's questions, or transfer callers with more complex inquiries to the appropriate advisor. There is no tuition waiver attached to this position.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only form that a student is required to complete to be considered for student assistance from any of the Title IV, HEA programs except for information needed to ensure the student's eligibility for such assistance (e.g., information needed to complete verification or to demonstrate compliance with the student eligibility provisions of the HEA and the regulations).