The Controller's Office provides financial information useful for evaluating the management of resources in attaining the institution's mission of teaching, research and outreach. Financial information is disseminated to various constituencies including the following:
- State government agencies
- Federal government agencies
- Other external users
Financial Reporting &
Controller125 Ingram Hall
AL 36849-5161 334-844-3664 - Office
Office hours: M-F
7:45 - 11:45
12:45 - 4:45 How to find us...
Areas of Responsibility
- Financial Reporting
- Preparing and publishing the annual, audited financial statements of the University, including divisional statements
- Coordination of Financial and Office of Management and Budget Circular audits
- Accounting for debt service and issuing bond payments
- Depreciation accounting and reconciliation of all plant funds
- Bank reconciliations
- Assist with training on the Ellucian Banner Finance module & e-journal voucher system, and monitor and train for compliance with federal and state regulations
- Property Services is accountable for the Fixed Asset System and the maintenance of all departmental inventories in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Surplus Property distributes excess University equipment to other departments for reutilization, transfers items to other State entities, and the disposes of unsuitable items through public sales.
- Tax Compliance monitors compliance with tax regulations and report federal, state and local taxes and information returns as required.