Honors College Information Cheat Sheet
Incoming Freshman: 3.75 GPA and 29 ACT/1290 SAT
Current Auburn Student: 3.4 Cumulative unadjusted GPA or higher
Freshman: 3.0 unadjusted GPA or higher (1 semester in warning, then suspension) and progress on taking Honors courses.
Sophomore, Junior, Senior: 3.2 unadjusted GPA or higher (1 semester in warning, then suspension) and progress on taking Honors courses to complete requirements.
Complete a total of 22 Honors hours throughout a student’s time in Auburn:
- 4 hours of Honors Participation classes(1 per year typically)
- Honors Freshman Exploration
- Honors Book Club
- Honors Forum
- Honors Lyceum
- 18 hours of Honors Academic classes
- Honors Core courses (Honors version of social science, humanities, history, science, math and English classes. This also includes Interdisciplinary classes like Honors Tech & Culture, Sustainability, and Human Odyssey)
- Honors Departmental courses (only in BU, CADC, and HS currently)
- Honors Seminar courses
- Honors Contract courses
Advising Quick Tips
- All incoming Freshman MUST sign up for an Honors Academic class for the fall semester – Freshman may not contract a class for Honors credit in the fall.
- Students are strongly encouraged to enroll in 3 Honors Academic courses each year until the 18 hours are met, however
- Many students may not have an Honors course to take in a given semester due to the college’s curriculum model. At this time, students may contract a course, or go without taking an Honors course if it is noted on their Plan of Study in the Honors College office.
- Honors students typically choose classes based on their strengths and area of study/interest; please do not discourage enrollment unless there is a conflict or the class is not necessary for their program.