Auburn Veterans Scholarship
General Scholarship covering - Tuition / Books / Fees / Housing / Subsistence, etc.
In 2008, the City of Auburn and the Auburn Veterans Committee established the Auburn Veterans Scholarship Foundation. The Foundation was created in an effort to show the Auburn community's appreciation for the sacrifices made by our service men and women and their families. Each year, the Foundation will provide two, $2,000 scholarships to assist a local veteran in attending a local, post-secondary educational institution.
- Be a uniformed U.S. Military service member on active duty, inactive reserves, or honorably discharged
- Be a current resident of Auburn, Alabama, inactive reserves, or honorably discharged from the U.S. armed forces and a graduate of a high school in Lee County, Alabama.
- Preference given to students who demonstrate financial need.
- Incoming freshmen must have a minimum 23 ACT score or the comparable SAT score.
- Requires a copy of the DD-214 Form (Report of Separation) and/or proof of student's legal dependency
To Apply, contact:
Office of University Scholarships
115 Quad Center
Auburn, AL 36849
ALABAMA G.I. DEPENDENTS' SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- This academic scholarship program is administrated by the State of Alabama, Department of Veterans' Affairs, and applies to the dependents of Alabama's disabled veterans.
- For more information please contact your local state/county VA office or visit http://www.va.state.al.us/scholarship.htm
- This is not a federal program. This is a state of Alabama program. The AU Veterans Resource Center does not process this state benefit. The Auburn University POC is: Jennifer Walden (334)844-3769, Bursar Billing Office, Mary Martin Hall.
Auburn Student Veteran's Association Scholarship
- Priority will be given to applicants that demonstrate financial need and both winners will need to reapply each year.
- This scholarship is considered a "general" scholarship and it does not affect your GI Bill benefits.
here to apply.
Auburn University Scholarship
- Click here to learn more about Auburn's scholarships.
: Scholarships can sometimes affect Federal GI Bill benefits. Please contact the Auburn University Veterans Resource Center for more information.