Internal Course Credits
Advanced Placement (AP) Credit (2010)
The most recent AP and IB credit information is listed on the Registrar’s website.
Earning AP Credit without taking an AP course or AP examination
- Students who score a 30 or higher on the English portion of the ACT—OR—680 or higher on the Verbal or Reading portion of the SAT will earn three hours of credit for ENGL 1100 (English Comp I).
- Students who score 35-36 on the English Portion of the ACT –OR—720 or higher on the Verbal or Reading portion of the SAT will also earn three hours of credit for ENGL 1120 (English Comp II).
- Students who begin Foreign Language studies above the 1010-level will have the opportunity to earn up to 8 hours of AP Foreign Language credit.
- Students who begin in FL 1020 and earn a ‘C’ or better will earn 4 additional AP hours for FL 1010.
- Students who begin in FL 2010 and earn a ‘C’ or better will earn 8 additional AP hours for FL 1010 and FL 1020.
- The credit will be manually entered by the Office of the Registrar who must be notified by either the advisors or the Foreign Language Department.