Academic Support... @ Your Service!
We are dedicated to helping students refine and strengthen the academic skills necessary for success at Auburn University. The goal of our programs isn't simply to help students pass their classes - we teach students to become independent learners by promoting academic excellence. The strategies that students learn through our programs will enhance their lives at Auburn University and beyond.
Slideshow Creator Software by WOWSlider.com v2.1.2
- Provides one-on-one, individualized sessions to assist students with academic skills, such as test preparation, time management, and learning strategies. Academic coaching is free and available by appointment to every Auburn University undergraduate student during fall and spring semesters.
- A complete review of academic performance policies and definitions of student statuses are available.
- Is a non-credit, 10-week class for students on academic suspension which teaches skills and attitudes required to be successful at Auburn University. Approximately 70% of students who pass Study Smart graduate from college.
- Provides free peer tutoring in select non-writing specific undergraduate subjects during the fall and spring semesters. All tutors are highly recommended, trained in areas such as customer service, learning styles, study skills, resource referral knowledge, and are excellent students.
- Provides regularly scheduled, collaborative, peer-directed review sessions in select traditionally difficult courses, including but not limited to Biology, Chemistry, General Physics, and World History. These review sessions are professor specific, meet at least twice a week during the fall and spring semesters, and are free to all undergraduates.
- Designed to aid students, faculty, and staff in easily accessing information concerning free tutoring opportunities available on campus.
- This is a resource to assist students and private tutors to connect. The tutors that monitor the posts have been pre-screened by the Academic Support Office, but are independent agents. Since the tutors are not employed by our office we are unable to assist with any issues associated with these tutoring sessions. It is up to the student and/or parent to negotiate an hourly rate, payment schedule, duration, and location of tutoring sessions.
- Our staff works closely with other departments on campus to specifically offer the following services: Study Partners, peer tutoring program; Supplemental Instruction (SI), peer-directed review sessions; Academic Coaching, individual study skill development sessions; and Study Smart, non-credit course for students on academic suspension.
Auburn University is an equal opportunity / affirmative action educational institution / employer.
Please call our office at 334.844.5972. We are happy to assist you in any way possible.