Interested in becoming a Faculty Mentee? Complete the Mentee Expectation form and submit to Donna Sollie, Assistant Provost for Women's Initiatives,
310 Mary Martin Hall
Suggested Tasks for Mentees
- Make a commitment to participate in a mentoring program.
- Meet with and listen with an open mind to advice given by the mentor.
- Be willing to voice and explain concerns.
- Keep mentor informed of academic progress, difficulties, and concerns.
- Exchange ideas and experiences with mentor.
- Seek out established faculty members as mentors to address specific needs.
- Weigh and judge advice and follow up as appropriate.
- Avail oneself of opportunities for professional growth in teaching, research, and service.
- Take responsibility for judging the appropriate course of action for career advancement.
- Seek help and support when needed.