Getting to Camp War Eagle
Click here for a map to
the Camp War Eagle Parking lot
Summer is traditionally a very busy time for road construction and repair on campus at Auburn. Many projects are planned for this summer which have the traffic flow and parking
plans for CWE somewhat in question. We will do our best to keep our website (www.auburn.edu/cwe) up to date with traffic and parking information. Please refer
to it before you depart for Auburn. You will also get an e-mail in advance of your CWE session, so be sure to check your Tigermail account regularly.
Early Arrivals - If you are arriving on campus the day before your CWE session starts, go directly to the Village Parking Lot. If you are arriving the day your session starts (Monday or Thursday), please see the directions below.
People attending CWE generally arrive in one of six ways. Please identify which group you are in and follow the appropriate directions.
- Type 1 - Student attending CWE without a parent, driving him/herself, or riding with other students. The student will go directly to the Village Parking Lot.
- Type 2 - Student and parent riding together, parent staying at AU Hotel located on College Street. Please go directly to the AU Hotel parking lot. CWE staff will
be inside the hotel to begin the check-in procedure.
- Type 3 - Student and parent are both attending CWE, arriving in one car but parent not staying at AU Hotel. In this case, you will go directly to the Stadium
Parking Deck (adjacent to Jordan-Hare Stadium).
- Type 4 - Student and parent both attending CWE, arriving in separate cars. If the parent is staying at the AU Hotel, the parent should go there first. If the parent is
not staying at the AU Hotel, go directly to the Stadium Parking Deck. In either case the student will go directly to the Village Parking Lot.
- Type 5 - Student attending CWE without a parent, but riding with a friend and his/her parent(s) in one car. If the parent is staying at the AU Hotel, parent and all
passengers should go to the AU Hotel to begin the check-in procedure. If the parent is not staying at the AU Hotel, go directly to the Stadium Parking Deck.
- Type 6 - Parent or other person bringing student to CWE, but not staying for program. Go directly to the Village Parking Lot.
Please also note there will be signs on campus directing you to the correct parking area. Upon arrival, all students will obtain CWE housing information, and will then be
directed to their next step. CWE staff will assist with the student's luggage and will direct the student and parents through check-in.
Above all, we ask for your patience and understanding as we deal with high volumes of traffic in a limited window of time.
Directions from US 280: Traveling east on US 280, turn right on Alabama Highway 147 (College Street). Travel approximately five miles into Auburn and cross the railroad tracks.
- For AU Hotel: Turn left onto Glenn Avenue, then right onto Gay Street. Continue to the second light and take a right onto Thach Avenue, then a left onto College Street. The Hotel will be on your left.
- For Jordan-Hare Stadium Deck: Turn left onto Glenn Avenue, then right onto Gay Street. Continue to the third stop light at Samford Avenue. Turn right onto Samford. Cross over College Street (light), then Mell Street (4 way stop). Turn right onto Duncan Drive at light. This leads to the parking deck.
- For Village Parking Lot: Take a right onto Glenn Avenue. Continue to the first light and take a left onto Donahue Drive. At the light, take a right onto Magnolia Avenue. Go about 200 yards and take left onto Village View Lane, just past the Public Safety and Security Building.
Directions from I-85: Take Exit 51 into Auburn and go approximately five miles. When you near campus, reach light at Samford Avenue, then see below.
- For AU Hotel: Continue 1/2 mile on College Street. AU Hotel will be on your right just past the light at Roosevelt/Miller.
- For the Jordan-Hare Stadium Deck: Turn left onto Samford. Cross over Mell Street. Turn right onto Duncan Drive at light. This leads to the parking deck.
- For Village Parking Lot: Take a left onto Samford. Continue to the second light at Donahue, and take right onto Donahue. Continue through four lights until reaching Magnolia Avenue. At the light, take a left onto Magnolia. Go about 200 yards and take left onto Village View Lane, just past the Public Safety and Security Building.
There are four commercial airports
within two hours of Auburn. The most frequently used is the Hartsfield-Jackson
International Airport, which is an approximate 1hr 45min drive to/from
Auburn. Airports in Birmingham, Montgomery, and Columbus are also
within reasonable distance. Groome Transportation offers daily shuttle
service to/from Hartsfield-Jackson. You may visit their website at Groome Transportation or call them at (888)238-7738.
Please note if you are flying into
Atlanta or Columbus that there is an hour time difference as Georgia is on
Eastern Time and Alabama is on Central Time.
Greyhound Bus Lines has a station
in nearby Opelika, AL. You may visit their website at www.greyhound.com or call them at (800)231-2222. Our staff would be more than happy to
pick you up from the Opelika Greyhound station if needed.