Celebrate Your Student Employees
National Student Employee Appreciation Week Events
2014 Office Decorating Contest - This year, the Auburn University Career Center is sponsoring an office decorating contest to encourage departments to recognize their student employees in fun and creative ways. Judging will take place on Monday, April 14 and the winning office will receive a pizza party for up to 25 people. To participate in the judging, contact Jay Skipworth: email@example.com, 334-844-3864 by April 9, 2014.
Additional Suggestions for Celebrations
- Host a special gathering with staff and student employees. Ideas include: pizza party, potluck, sundae bar, cookies/cake, sub sandwiches, etc.
- Bring cookies, brownies, cake, etc. throughout the week to have in a break area for the students
- Write a thank you note for a job well done
- Design and present your student employees with certificates of appreciation
- Post a sign or banner in your office- "We Appreciate Our Student Workers"
- Prepare "care packages" to give student employees with popcorn, trail mix, candy, pens, sticky notes, etc.
Send Us Your Pictures
Send pictures of your student employee celebrations and you might be featured on the Career Center website! Email pictures to Meaghan Weir at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: Jan 8, 2014