- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Minimum “B” in the course
- Faculty recommendation
- Two references
- Ask the professor what he or she expects from your SI sessions. Discuss course related questions and insights with your professor
- Listen to the students to find out if there is a group struggle and offer various forms of explanation
- Stay in touch with your SI Supervisor so the office can help you any way they can
- Attend class and take notes
- Read/ work any assignments given to the students
- Make a lesson plan of how your session will work include any PowerPoints, review questions, practice problems, etc. that you will use
- Host 1-3 sessions per week
- Record attendance
- Promote the class’s understanding of concepts, formulas, connections, etc.
SI leaders often gain improved communication skills, personal relationships with professors, higher GRE & MCAT scores, and competitive resumes.
Check out Testimonials to hear SI leaders share their experiences.
Application to SI Office