Eligibility for the IDSC Program
Prospective IDSC majors must meet the following criteria to be considered for admittance into the IDSC program:
- Students must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA or a 2.2 in the previous term;
- Students must have completed no less than 30 credit hours and no more than 90 hours;
- Students must have an approved plan of study (prospectus);
- Students must complete UNIV 2190, Foundations of Interdisciplinary University Studies, with a grade of “C” or better;
- Students must complete a written application explaining why the selected areas of study are of interest to them and how they match their personal career goals.
Once admitted to IDSC, students must:
- Complete required advising sessionswith their IDSC advisor every semester, and review their semester-by-semester plan for completion of their program;
- Complete the additional requirements for Written and Oral Communication with a grade of “C” or better;
- Earn a grade of “S” or better in the Capstone Experience, UNIV 4980 or a grade of “C” in the Capstone Experience, UNIV 4930; (all capstone experiences must be pre-approved by the Faculty Oversight Committee);
- Complete all required major coursework with a major GPA of 2.0 and overall GPA of 2.0.
In addition, students should do the following every semester:
- Meet with the IDSC academic advisor (in the Cater Center) prior to the student’s registration.