Goals of the Program
- Encourage students to read a variety of books.
- Promote community among students, staff, and faculty through shared reading experiences and activities both in and out of the classroom.
- Raise awareness and provide insight into the human condition.
- Create a culture of respect for diverse viewpoints.
- Develop lifelong habits of intellectual curiosity, engagement, and critical thinking.
- The 2015-2016 common book will be Half a Life by Darin Strauss. Check back soon for more information.