Goals of the Program
- Encourage students to read a variety of books.
- Promote community among students, staff, and faculty through shared reading experiences and activities both in and out of the classroom.
- Raise awareness and provide insight into the human condition.
- Create a culture of respect for diverse viewpoints.
- Develop lifelong habits of intellectual curiosity, engagement, and critical thinking.
- The book for Fall 2014 will be The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba. Click here for more information.
- Any faculty member interested in adopting The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind for your fall courses should contact Valerie Bagley with questions or for more information.
- William Kamkwamba, author of next Fall's common book, will be on campus on September 9! Check out our calendar for more information and events.
- We have added new links to the 2014-15 Book page for a short documentary on William's windmill and William Kamkwamba's 2009 TED Talk.