SEC Faculty Travel Grant Program
The Office of the Provost and the Office of the Vice President for Research announces a call for applications for the Auburn University SEC Faculty Travel Grant Program. Up to $10,000 is available in travel grants for the 2017-2018 academic year to be distributed among faculty who are selected for these awards. Typically travel is funded for 4-5 faculty members. These funds can be used for transportation, room, board, etc. The SEC Visiting Faculty Travel Grant Program is intended to enhance faculty collaboration that stimulates scholarly initiatives between SEC universities. It gives faculty from one SEC university the opportunity to travel to another SEC campus to exchange ideas, develop grant proposals, and conduct research. General program procedures are as follows:
- An Auburn faculty member may visit any Southeastern Conference institution.
- Faculty members will be responsible for arranging coverage of their duties during their absence.
- A faculty member will contact a host unit (e.g., department, research center, school, etc.) that he or she wishes to visit to determine that unit’s receptivity and availability.
- The visiting faculty member may consult with faculty and/or students, offer lectures or symposia, or engage in whatever activities are agreeable to the visitor and host unit.
- Travel must occur before July 31, 2018.
- After the visit, the faculty member will submit a brief report to the Provost’s office describing outcomes of the visit.
To apply for an SEC Faculty Travel Grant, please submit the following information electronically to Tammy Mayo at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 4:45pm.
- Name and Title of Principal Investigator (PI)
- PI’s Department Name
- PI’s e-mail address
- PI’s campus address
- Host Institution
- Host Department/Unit
- Visit Dates
- Project Summary
- Summary of impact of funding on current and future instructional and research activities
- Maximum two (2)-page vitae for the principal investigator and collaborator must accompany the application
- Host unit’s invitation letter to the visiting faculty member
- Faculty member’s biography (no more than 125 words)
- Faculty member’s professional head shot (color, 2000x4000 pixels, jpeg format)
For further information, please go to http://www.auburn.edu/academic/provost/ or contact Tammy Mayo at email@example.com.