SNPhA | Student National Pharmaceutical Association
SNPhA is an educational service association of pharmacy students who are concerned about pharmacy and healthcare related issues, and the poor minority representation in pharmacy and other health-related professions.
The purpose of SNPhA is to plan, organize, coordinate and execute programs geared toward the improvement for the health, educational, and social environment of the community.
SNPhA meets monthly and offers programs of interest to student pharmacists. Student members have the opportunity to develop leadership and professional skills within our organization. SNPhA strives to educate students about and promote active participation in national health care issues. We offer a variety of active committees provide students opportunities to become more involved in the organization and the profession. These committees include:
- Operation Immunization: This program is an immunization awareness campaign designed to increase the public’s knowledge about immunizations, while increasing the number of adults who receive immunizations
- Legislative/Membership Benefits: This is a dual initiative focusing on voting registration among underrepresented minorities and on immigration issues affecting the nation
- Chronic Kidney Disease: SNPhA and Abbott Renal Care are collaborating on a new initiative to increase awareness on the risk factors and disease states that can lead to chronic kidney disease (CKD)
- Diabetes: SNPhA has accepted the challenge to educate patients on disease state management, lifestyle modifications, medication therapy, and monitoring related to Diabetes
- Power to End Stroke: SNPhA has partnered with the American Stroke Association (ASA) on the Power to End Stroke/Smoking Cessation initiative
- Remember the Ribbon: National HIV/AIDS Initiative is aimed at towards promoting awareness, education, and prevention of HIV/AIDS within minority populations
2017-18 SNPhA Officers
Remember the Ribbon Chair
Public Relations/Social Media Liaison
Operation Immunization Chair
Power to End Stroke Chair
Last Updated: May 11, 2017