The Auburn Pharmacist E-News

Check out the E-News online HERE.
Harrison School of Pharmacy Home

border

School News

border

Welcome From New Development Officer Kori Caldwell

Kori Caldwell
Read the full release on her hiring HERE.

Dear Auburn Pharmacy Family,

My name is Kori Caldwell and I have recently been selected as the new Development Officer for the Harrison School of Pharmacy. I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and share with you how excited I am to be on board and become a part of the HSOP Family.

It has been a hectic time to come in to a new place right at the end of the semester, but I can already feel the great passion and excitement everyone has about being a part of this school and what it means to everyone.

I am no stranger to Auburn, though. I feel like I have been here my whole life. For about the last 10 years I was in Development in Auburn’s College of Engineering, right across the street. Prior to that, I worked for a few years in the Auburn business community and I am a 2002 Auburn graduate. So, needless to say, I definitely have blue and orange running through my veins.

My goal is to connect you to Auburn in a way that is meaningful to you. We have some amazing things happening within Pharmacy that we will need your support to attain. I have heard stories about the great alumni and friends we have in our program and all that you do, and we are always extremely grateful for your support. I look forward to getting to know each of you, why you love Auburn and how I can help you to stay connected or reengage.

As we move into the spring semester, I hope to be out and visiting with some of you. I also welcome you to stop by the Walker Building anytime you are around as I love being able to put faces and names together, and get to know you better.

Again, I can’t tell you how excited I, along with my husband Daniel and daughter Julia, are to be a part of the Harrison School of Pharmacy now. I hope you all have a great Holiday Season and I look forward to meeting you very soon!

War Eagle!

Kori Caldwell
Auburn University
Harrison School of Pharmacy

C: 334-707-9431 | O:334-844-3624
kcaldwell@auburn.edu
2308 Walker Building
Auburn University, AL 36849

border

General News

border

The Harrison School of Pharmacy has a new home on the Web! The School's website recently underwent a re-design. To check out the new site and get up to speed on the latest HSOP news, check out: http://pharmacy.auburn.edu.

Bobelle Sconiers Harrell, the first woman admitted to the School of Pharmacy at what is now Auburn University, was posthumously awarded the Congressional Gold Medal at the U.S. Capitol on Dec. 10. Read more about her and the prestigious award here.

Happy Holidays from the Harrison School of Pharmacy! Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a wonderful holiday season and a very happy and healthy new year from Dean Lee Evans and the Faculty and Staff at the Harrison School of Pharmacy.

HSOP's Richard Hansen and Jingjing Qian will study the efficacy and safety of generic drugs with a $400,000 grant from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The duo recently received the two-year grant to support their studies. Read the full release here.

Dr. Kelly Hester believes pharmacists can play an important role in the treatment of HIV patients. Read more in this story that includes her comments from the recent American Society of Health-System Pharmacists 2014 Midyear Clinical Meeting.

Subhrajit Bhattacharya competed as a finalist last month in the 3 Minute Thesis competition, sponsored by the Auburn University Graduate School. He went on to finish seventh overall with his presentation entitled "Manipulating Fear Memory: The Second Avatar." For more information on the competition and to watch videos of the finalists, check out the graduate school website here: http://grad.auburn.edu/3MT/

Congratulations to Auburn Pharmacy alum Dan McConaghy (left) on being named President of the Alabama Board of Pharmacy for 2015. He is pictured here receiving the gavel from outgoing president Mark Conradi. McConaghy is a 1979 graduate from Auburn's pharmacy program. Dan grew up in his father’s pharmacy in Satsuma, Alabama and has practiced for more than 30 years in a variety of pharmacy settings including independent, rural hospital, nursing home, consultant, chain, DME, oxygen, and home infusion. He is currently working in the family-owned McConaghy Drug Store, Inc. with four locations. Dan also operates C&M Vital Care, a home infusion pharmacy founded by Keith Conner and himself in 1990.

border

Alumni News

border

It is with a heavy heart that we inform you off the passing of Harrison School of Pharmacy alum Janet McCombs. A 1980 graduate, she passed on Wednesday, Dec. 10 at her home in Athens, Georgia, following a length illness. Visitation will be held on Friday, Dec. 19 from 5 - 7 p.m. at Lewis Funeral Home in Milton, Florida. The funeral will be at 11 a.m., Saturday, Dec. 20. To read her full obituary, click HERE.

COMMUNITY PHARMACY OPPORTUNITY

Leaders in the community of Rockford, Alabama (located about 15 miles west of Alexander City at the junction of US HWY 231 and AL HWY 22) are seeking a pharmacist who would be interested in practicing in their community. Their pharmacy recently closed when the pharmacist retired. Rockford has a small medical clinic that is open three days per week and the community leaders would like to expand its operation to five days per week.

Individuals who may be interested in this opportunity should contact Mr. Warren Trammell at 256-377-1085 (home) or 334-730-5124 (cell).

border
Facebook Twitter Social Media Instagram flickr
border

Content of E-News and Web articles by Matt Crouch, Manager of Communications and Marketing

To UNSUBSCRIBE, please send an email to hsopcomm@auburn.edu
with the following text in the body of message: unsubscribe

Auburn University is an equal opportunity educational institution/employer.