Monday, May 3, 2021 | 1 p.m. CT | Auburn Arena
The 2021 Commencement Exercise for the Harrison School of Pharmacy will take place Monday, May 3 at 1 p.m. at Auburn Arena.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Auburn University has mandated safety protocols for all buildings on campus. We ask that guests and students respect the restrictions and follow the rules listed below. If you cannot abide by the safety protocols, are in high risk category or are sick, we ask that you remain home and watch the ceremony on live stream.
- School Store
- Graduation Day Parking
- Graduation Photo Proofs
- Buy Your Graduate a Brick at the Walker Building
- For comprehensive information on security, safety policies, and other details, visit the official Auburn University Commencement Ceremony page.
Safety Protocol Overview
- Physical distancing of 6 feet apart required in the Arena.
- Arena will be disinfected prior to the ceremony.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for graduates and guests.
- No guests are permitted on the Arena floor at any time, to include after the ceremony.
- Graduates will be led outside immediately at the ceremony’s conclusion.
Entry into the Arena
- Guests enter through the main entrance that is on the north side of the Arena (see map) Programs will be provided at this location only and doors will open 2 hours prior to the ceremony at 11 a.m. CT. Guest seating will be assigned. Every guest, no matter the age, must have a ticket. Graduates have all been sent the registration form and instructions on how to obtain guest tickets.
- Graduates, faculty and staff only will enter through the scholarship entrance facing the stadium (see map).
- Graduates may not bring any personal belongings into the Arena that cannot be kept in pockets on their person.
- There will be bag checks and vaporwake or police dogs before the ceremony checking the buildings and staging. Clear bags are not required but bag check, and lifting of regalia so students can be checked.
- Prohibited items in the Arena:
- Artificial noisemakers
- Bags larger than 12" x 6" x 12"
- Cameras with lenses over 4 inches
- Food/beverage from outside Arena (including alcoholic beverages)
- Hover Boards
- Recording devices
- Stadium seats with arms
- Video cameras
- Weapons (including pocket knives)
- Photographic Services will take pictures of each graduate with Dean Hansen after hooding. Proofs can be viewed and purchased online within two weeks of the commencement ceremony. Personal pictures may be taken either before or after the ceremony outside only.
- The Arena is handicap accessible.
- The Walker Building and the Pharmacy Research Building will not be open to guests or students for photographs. If you want photos, they will need to be taken outside the buildings.
Masks and Gloves
- AU safety protocol for campus mandates that all graduates and guests are required to wear masks when entering the Arena and remain in place while in the building AT ALL TIMES (excluding infants).
- Graduates are permitted to remove their mask ONLY when crossing the platform. Graduates will place their masks back on once they have crossed the stage and started back down the ramp.
- Guests and graduates are responsible for providing their own mask.
- Members of the platform party will have gloves for hooding students and NO physical contact will be permitted, to include handshakes. Graduates will be tapped on the shoulder when it’s time to move across the platform after hooding and stop for a photo with Dean Hansen. After the photo, keep moving down the ramp and you will be directed back to your seat.
- Due to the professional decorum of this celebrated event, we respectfully require that masks not have offensive language, pictures or logos.
- Graduates will be seated on the floor in chairs spaced 6 feet apart.
- When walking to the stage, graduates will maintain a 6-foot distance; therefore, only 3 people will be permitted on the ramp at a time. There will be markings on floors.
- All guest seating will be reserved seating and assigned randomly. Guests are expected to sit in their pre-assigned seating locations.
- Signage will be placed in restrooms and concession stands to promote physical distancing.
- No group gatherings are permitted in the Arena except those in group seating as marked.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the Arena.
- A program will be at each graduate’s seat.
- Stations will be available throughout the Arena for guests.
- Graduates and/or guests who are hyperventilating, claustrophobic, or sick, will be removed from the Arena.
- No outside food is permitted, with the exception of baby formula. There are no water fountains in the Arena. Concession stands will be available to purchase bottled beverages and pre-packaged snacks.
- The ceremony will be live streamed and recorded and available to view on this page and on the school's official YouTube page at www.youtube.com/user/AuburnHSOP
Exiting the Arena
- Guests need to proceed outside immediately following the ceremony at the main entrance. Before exiting the Arena, social distancing of 6 feet apart must be maintained and masks still in place on the face.
- Graduates will exit from the scholarship entrance and keep moving to the left once outside to meet your guests near the main entrance and beyond. Graduates cannot gather outside the scholarship entrance because we have ensure many people exit as quickly as possible. There will be staff to guide your direction.
250 Beard-Eaves Court, Auburn, AL 36849
The ceremony will take place at Auburn Arena. ADA parking is available in the Arena parking lot with general parking available in the Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum lot (accessible off Donahue Drive).
Previous Commencement Ceremonies
- 2019: Video | Photos | Program [PDF]
- 2018: Video | Photos | Program [PDF]
- 2017: Video | Photos | Program [PDF]
- 2016: Video | Photos | Program [PDF]
- 2015: Video | Photos | Program [PDF]
Last Updated: March 29, 2021