Saturday, August 1, 2020 | 1 p.m. CT | Auburn Arena
The 2020 Commencement Exercise for the Harrison School of Pharmacy will be held from 1 - 3 p.m. on Saturday, August 1, 2020. Here you can find information on:
- School Store
- Graduation Day Parking
- Graduation Photo Proofs
- Buy Your Graduate a Brick at the Walker Building
- For comprehensive information on security, safety policies, and other details, visit the official Auburn University Commencement Ceremony page.
The faculty and staff look forward to the graduation ceremony on August 1 at 1 p.m. in the Auburn Arena. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Auburn University has mandated safety protocols for all buildings on campus. We ask that guests and students respect the restrictions and follow the rules listed below. If you cannot abide by the safety protocols, are in high risk category or are sick, we ask that you remain home and watch the ceremony on live stream.
Safety Protocol Overview
- Physical distancing of 6 feet apart required in the Arena.
- Arena will be disinfected prior to the ceremony.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for graduates and guests.
- No guests are permitted on the Arena floor at any time, to include after the ceremony.
- Graduates will be led outside immediately at the ceremony’s conclusion.
Entry into the Arena
- Guests enter through the main entrance that is on the north side of the Arena (see map) Programs will be provided at this location only and doors will open 2 hours prior to the ceremony at 11 a.m. CT. Graduates must be in their seats no later than 12:30 p.m.
- Graduates, faculty and staff only will enter through the scholarship entrance facing the stadium (see map).
- Graduates may not bring any personal belongings into the Arena that cannot be kept in pockets on their person.
- Only clear bags are allowed in the Arena for guests, no exceptions. This includes but is not limited to backpacks, camera bags, purses and diaper bags. This will be checked at the entrance and those not in compliance will not be allowed in the Arena, per Auburn Arena policy.
- Guests with no bags will have a separate entrance to reduce wait time.
- Photographic Services will take pictures of each graduate as they walk across the stage and receive the AU Creed from Provost Hardgrave. Proofs can be viewed and purchased online within two weeks of the commencement ceremony. Personal pictures may be taken either before or after the ceremony outside only.
- The Arena is handicap accessible.
- The Walker Building and the Pharmacy Research Building will not be open to guests or students. If you want photos, they will need to be taken outside the buildings.
Masks and Gloves
- AU safety protocol for campus mandates that all graduates and guests are required to wear masks when entering the Arena and remain in place while in the building AT ALL TIMES (excluding infants).
- Graduates are permitted to remove their mask ONLY when crossing the platform. Graduates will place their masks back on once they have crossed the stage and started back down the ramp.
- Guests and graduates are responsible for providing their own mask. There may be some at the Arena but it is not guaranteed.
- In addition to masks, members of the platform party (including President Gogue) will be protected with plexiglass in front of their faces, gloves and NO physical contact will be permitted, to include handshakes. Graduates will be tapped on the shoulder when it’s time to move across the platform after hooding. Provost Hardgrave will hand each student the Auburn Creed. At that time, keep moving down the ramp and you will be directed back to your seat. Do not stop after receiving the Creed.
- Due to the professional decorum of this celebrated event, we respectfully require that mask not have offensive language, pictures or logos.
- Graduates will be seated on the floor in chairs spaced 6 feet apart.
- When walking to the stage, graduates will maintain a 6-foot distance; therefore, only 3 people will be permitted on the ramp at a time. There will be markings on floors.
- Guests are asked to group social distance and are limited to 8 or less per graduate. Guest seating will be marked as to what seats are not open for seating.
- Signage will be placed in restrooms and concession stands to promote physical distancing.
- No group gatherings are permitted in the Arena except those in group seating as marked.
- Hand sanitizer will be available upon entry to the Arena either by a self-administered station or a worker.
- Hand sanitizer and a program will be at each graduate’s seat.
- Stations will be available throughout the Arena for guests.
- Graduates and/or guests who are hyperventilating, claustrophobic, or sick, will be removed from the Arena.
- No outside food is permitted, with the exception of baby formula. There are no water fountains in the Arena. Concession stands will be available to purchase bottled water and soda only, no food.
- The ceremony will be live streamed and recorded and available to view on this page and on the school's official YouTube page at www.youtube.com/user/AuburnHSOP
Exiting the Arena
- Guests need to proceed outside immediately following the ceremony at the main entrance. Before exiting the Arena, social distancing of 6 feet apart must be maintained and masks still in place on the face.
- Graduates will exit from the scholarship entrance and keep moving to the left once outside to meet your guests near the main entrance and beyond. Graduates cannot gather outside the scholarship entrance because we have ensure many people exit as quickly as possible. There will be staff to guide your direction.
250 Beard-Eaves Court, Auburn, AL 36849
The ceremony will take place at Auburn Arena. ADA parking is available in the Arena parking lot with general parking available in the Beard-Eaves-Memorial Coliseum lot (accessible off Donahue Drive).
Previous Commencement Ceremonies
- 2019: Video | Photos | Program [PDF]
- 2018: Video | Photos | Program [PDF]
- 2017: Video | Photos | Program [PDF]
- 2016: Video | Photos | Program [PDF]
- 2015: Video | Photos | Program [PDF]
Last Updated: July 16, 2020