Some excerpts from Jim Groccia's Handout on this topic. Click the link to download the entire document.
"Peer evaluations, mandated by the Board of Trustees, may be achieved in a variety of ways. Faculty members and/or departments should develop an appropriate peer evaluation strategy or strategies. Evaluation by professional colleagues might include the following:
1. Evaluation of the faculty member's syllabi, tests, handouts, and other materials used in class.
2. Evaluation of the faculty member's preparation of students for subsequent courses in the field.
3. Evaluation of the faculty member's work in a team teaching situation by his or her partner.
4. Comparison of the faculty member's work with that of others teaching the same course.
5. Observation of the faculty member's classes.
6. Evaluation of a portfolio developed by the faculty member in which he or she presents him or herself as a teacher."