Click for Faculty Information
- Each semester there will be a deadline to receive all requests; normally a 5-day window before the semester classes begins. After this deadline, faculty can still schedule exams with our office but may have limited availability.
- After the request has been completed and submitted, a verification of receipt will be returned. No exam dates and times are official until you receive a confirmation from the BTC.
- Test proctors must be provided. If unable to provide proctors, faculty must notify BTC immediately for possible arrangements.
- The faculty will notify students, preferably within the syllabus, the location of BTC, all student responsibilities, and any exam windows.
- The faculty will ensure that all posted test dates and seating times reflect the dates and times submitted via the online scheduling and confirmed by our office. BTC cannot make changes to the pre-arranged seating dates and times, and BTC cannot make individual exceptions to the exam calendar.
- The faculty will set up the test in an approved testing system (i.e. Blackboard, Canvas, Hesi, etc.), specifying the test dates, times, and password. For security purposes, it is highly recommended that your password be changed with each exam.
- If a test proctor cannot be provided and arrangement have been made with the center, the BTC Test Coordinator, a BTC Staff Proctor and Technical Staff will be added to the course's Blackboard site as TAs when responsible for administering a test. BTC will not make changes to the content of any exam or course documents.
- The exam should be set to force completion
- A pool of questions should be used
- The questions and/or responses be randomized or there be a separate version of the exam for each day.
(If assistance is needed with test set-up please contact IMG (Instructional Media Group)
- The faculty will handle disputes concerning students with complaints about test content, scores, testing policies, testing in the BTC, students who missed the testing window, and students requiring test make-ups or special testing conditions.
- A time limit must be set as proctors cannot time individual examinees
- Any need for software installation must be discussed with BTC no later than two weeks prior to the start of the semester.
- Software needs must be compatible for use with Windows XP/7 running as a Virtual Machine.
- Faculty is asked to submit an electronic copy (pdf) of the exam in case there is a technical glitch.
- Require students to come to the BTC during the period at which the test is given only. This is due to other test administration and testing center capacity.
- Advise students to adhere to the BTC rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Faculty must handle any case of cheating. If a student is suspected, the proctor or testing center staff will collect any evidence, complete an incident report and submit to faculty. Proctor or Staff will allow student to complete exam, but will advised of suspected cheating
- Inform students what materials, if any, may be brought into the BTC (i.e., notes, texts, calculator, scratch paper)
- Advise students of the BTC hours and ID requirements. A listing of the hours will be available on the BTC website.
- Student must show up at their designated appointment time. A student arriving 15 minutes late will need to reschedule for another time slot, if one is available, or contact faculty if none are available. Please notify student that it is your preference, whether or not they may be permitted to take the exam
- Upon entering, student must check in with proctor or BTC Staff
- Student must present a valid AU ID to the proctor or BTC Staff to be admitted and test.
- Place all cell phones, electronics, backpacks and personal belongs in cubby located near the proctor station.
- Proceed to assigned work station
- Any student who requests accommodations to an exam procedure must make the request through the Program for Student with Disabilities Office. That office will contact you and work with you (and the BTC) to provide the necessary accommodations. The Testing Center can accommodate students requiring wheelchair access, height adjustable stations, quiet environments, and extra time. All other accommodations will be offered through the Program for Student with Disabilities Office.
click here to register for
use of the biggin testing center
The Biggin Testing Center (BTC) is now available to all Auburn University faculty for computer-based testing only.
238 Biggin Hall | phone 334.844.7936 | email email@example.com
Last Updated: Aug. 17, 2011