|School of Nursing Home||Future Students||Students||Faculty & Staff||Alumni & Friends|
• The International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) www.inacsl.org
• Clinical Simulation in Learning (Journal) http://www.nursingsimulation.org
• The Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) www.ssih.org
• National League for Nursing (NLN) www.nln.org
• SIRC - NLN Simulation Innovation Resource Center http://sirc.nln.org/
• QSEN - Quality & Safety Education for Nurses (KSAs) http://www.qsen.org/
• ASPE – Association of Standardized Patient Educators http://aspeducators.org/
• American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) www.aacn.org
• The Joint Commission (TJC) http://www.jointcommission.org/
• Institute of Medicine (IOM) http://www.iom.edu/
• National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) https://www.ncsbn.org
• Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) http://www.ahrq.gov/
• Kansas State Board of Nursing website developed to disseminate peer-reviewed scenarios for nursing use http://www.ksbn.org/cne/SimulationScenarioLibrary.htm
• National League for Nursing developed this website to house up-to-date information related to simulation, as well as modules designed to teach various concepts related to simulation www.sirc.nln.org
• CAE/METI: Human Patient Simulation Network (HPSN) http://www.hspn.com/
• Laerdal: Simulation User Network (SUN) http://simulation.laerdal.com/
• Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (SESAM) http://www.sesam-web.org
• Australia Society for Simulation in Healthcare (ASSH) http://www.simulationaustralia.org.au
• International Pediatric Simulation Society (IPSS) http://www.ipedsim.com
• Ulrich, B. & Mancini, B. (2014). Mastering simulation: A handbook for success. Indianapolis, IN: Sigma Theta Tau International.
• Levine, A. I., DeMaria Jr, S., Schwartz, A. D., & Sim, A. J. (2013). The comprehensive textbook of healthcare simulations. New York: Springer.
• Jeffries, P. R. (2012). Simulation in nursing education: From conceptualization to evaluation (2nd Ed). New York: National League for Nursing.
• Campbell, S. H., & Daley, K. (2009). Simulation scenarios for nurse educators: Making it real. New York: Springer Publishing Company.
• Nehring, W. M., & Lashley, F. R. (2009). High-fidelity patient simulation in nursing education. Boston: Jones & Bartlett Publishers.
• Riley, R. (2008). A manual of simulation in healthcare. New York: Oxford University Press.
• Jeffries, P. R. (2007). Simulation in nursing education: From conceptualization to evaluation. New York: National League for Nursing.
On-Line Certificate Courses
• Bryan College of Health Sciences, Certificate in Simulation Education http://www.bryanlgh.com/SimulationEducation
• Robert Morris University, Leadership in Simulation Instruction and Management Certificate http://www.rmu.edu/Graduate/programs/SimulationLeadership
• Massachusetts General Hospital Institute of Health Professions, Teaching and Learning Certificate http://www.mghihp.edu/files/academics/health-care-simulation.pdf
• Drexel University: http://www.drexel.edu/cne/conferencesCourses/conferences/CertificateInSimulation-Aug2012
• Indiana University: http://nursing.iupui.edu/continuing/sim/simulationinstitute.shtml
• Harvard Center for Medical Simulation: http://www.harvardmedsim.org
• The Gordon Center/WISER: http://www.gcrme.med.miami.edu/medical_education_isim.php
• Oregon Health and Sciences University: http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/simulation-at-ohsu
• Standards of Best Practice: Simulation. Free download available through the official journal of INACSL: Clinical Simulation in Nursing http://www.nursingsimulation.org/
• Interprofessional Education Core Competencies: http://www.aacn.nche.edu/education-resources/ipecreport.pdf
• Adamson, K. A., Kardong-Edgren, S., & Willhaus, J. (2012). An updated review of published simulation evaluation instruments. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 9(9), 393-400. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2012.09.004
• Kardong-Edgren, S., Adamson, K. A., & Fitzgerald, C. (2010). A review of currently published evaluation instruments for human patient simulation. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 6(1), e25-e35. doi:10.1016/j.ecns.2009.08.004
• Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE)
• Society for Simulation in Healthcare http://ssih.org/certification
Last Updated: Oct. 21, 2013