Junior Year Concerns
Your Junior Year--You should work to:
- Update planning for major and minor, and complete and file your Plan of Study form.
- Take your required English courses. You are encouraged to take these courses early, particularly those in the "English Major Core." However, the required courses do not need to be taken before other upper-division courses.
- Choose elective major courses. Take note of course alternation pattern and plan ahead.
- Coordinate minors or double majors.
- Complete leftover CLA requirements.
- Decide about Study Abroad programs.
- Consider earning course credit by doing an Internship. With Coordinator and faculty supervision, a student may arrange to do an internship in English studies at a cooperating agency, business, school, or other suitable place of possible employment. For more information, visit the above link or contact your advisor.
- Investigate fellowship and award opportunities. See in particular, the University's Undergraduate Competitive Research Fellowship program.
- If eligible, join Sigma Tau Delta in the Spring. (To join this international honor society, a 3.0 average in English is required along with an invitation by the local Chapter. Students need not be English majors.)
- As desired, continue your involvement in extracurricular opportunities and groups.
- Continue saving copies of your work to help
us in our assessment program your senior year.
Last updated April 18, 2005