Freshman Year Concerns
Here are some ideas organized by college year that may help you move steadily toward the completion of your major.
Your Freshman Year--You should work to:
- Be placed in the appropriate Freshman English (refer questionable cases to the Coordinator of Composition)
- Progress toward completion of University and College of Liberal Arts (CLA) Core requirements. See the 2001-2002 AU Bulletin.
- Choose a foreign language. Note that it must be two semesters of one language.
- Look into how to plan your English major (including concentration) and your minor.
- If you are looking to get involved, try opportunities such as Arts and Humanities lectures and readings, the English Club, and the English Honor Society, Sigma Tau Delta.
Last updated April 18, 2005