November to December
- Keep applying for jobs advertised in The Chronicle.
- When requested, send writing samples, dossiers (office associate for the graduate program), and transcripts (Registrar) when requested. In the accompanying letter, include information on holiday travel plans. Be sure to follow the annual guidelines issued by the Department Head with regard to sending out dossiers.
- Participate in mock interviews, an opportunity provided by the department. The interviews are conducted by members of the department, and they are announced and scheduled by the Academic Placement Advisors. You will be asked to provide a copy of your vita and your letter of application.
- Prepare for interviews. We've prepared an additional page of interviewing tips.
- Write, memorize, and practice a brief description of your dissertation and your future research plans. The ABD Colloquium typically devotes a session to this issue.
- Develop a set of course descriptions.
- Interview at SAMLA if possible.
Questions about this site
Last updated April 14, 2005