Inviting Visiting Scholars

H-1B Employees

Departments seeking to hire full-time Postdoctoral Fellows, Research Fellows and any other faculty position should seek information about the H-1B classification. The H-1B is considered a temporary non-immigrant visa applicable to the hiring of foreign nationals into a specialty position where a baccalaureate degree is considered a minimum requirement to perform the job duties. An H-1B change of status is issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) for an initial 3 year period with an additional 3 year extension available for a maximum of up to 6 years. For more information regarding this visa application please go to our Nonimmigrant Employment website.

Last Updated: May 21, 2014