Mandatory Health Insurance Plan
| ||Student||Spouse||Child||3+ Children|
|Weekly Premium||$38.00 ||$38.00 ||$38.00 ||$38.00|
|Monthly Premium||$162.00 ||$162.00 ||$166.00 ||$486.00|
|Auburn University’s |
for Insurance Enrollment
- Note:Please note that one change to our policy this year is we are moving from a 100% in-network coverage policy to an 80% in-network coverage policy. If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Razavi.
- Effective 8/15/2013: Everyone insured through Auburn University must pay the administrative fee. This includes scholars and OPT students.
- All insurance costs are calculated based on the number of days a student/scholar is in the United States.
- Please note that the Auburn University administrative fee of $34 per year is prorated to cater to individual insurance coverage. For example, if a scholar is only in the United States for six months, the administrative fee will be $17, not $34. If a student is only here for 1 week, the administrative fee will only be 63¢.
- To estimate insurance costs including the Auburn University administrative fee, count the number of days you will be in the United States and multiply that number by $5.09. This estimate may be a little higher or lower than actual costs, but will be within $50 of total insurance cost.
- For a detailed list of United Healthcare’s premium costs, please refer to www.uhcsr.com.
Last Updated: July 3, 2014