2013 Faculty Grant Recipients
The Auburn University Office of International Programs selected 17 faculty projects to receive a combined total of $89,777 for the development of study abroad, exchange and international collaborative teaching programs.
Grant recipients include:
- Paula Backscheider - An exchange and summer camp in University of Aberystwyth, Wales - $6,000 College of Liberal Arts - English
- Ellen Reames and Sheri Downer - Exploration for educational Leadership programs in Korea - $8,000 College of Education - Foundations, Leadership, and Technology
- Hyejeong Kim and Helen Koo - Korean collaborations in fashion and merchandising - $5,000 College of Human Sciences - Consumer Affairs
- Keith Rahn - Developing pedagogic strategies with the Czech Technical University in Prague - $5,000 College of Architecture, Design and Construction - Building Science
- Jorge Valenzuela - Establishing an engineering study abroad program in Valparaiso, Chile - $8,250 College of Engineering - Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Yifen Wang - Establishing collaborations in Korea - $3,000 College of Agriculture - Biosystems Engineering
- Gary Lemme and James Witte - Extension training in Tunisia - $6,200 Alabama Cooperative Extension System and College of Education - Foundations, Leadership, and Technology
- Kimberly Key - Collaborative teaching with Ulsan University in Korea - $5,000 College of Business - Accounting
- Allison Stewart - A study tour of Australia - $5,000 College of Vetrinary Medicine - Clinical Sciences
- Alejandro Lazarte - Linking to statistics classes in Lima, Peru - $4,256 College of Liberal Arts - Psychology
- Kyungmi Kim - Study abroad and life's enrichment in East Asian countries - $5,000 College of Human Sciences - Nutrition, Diet, Hospitality Management
- Alecia Douglas - The Bahamian touristscape study abroad - $5,000 College of Human Sciences - Nutrition, Diet, Hospitality Management
- Libba McMillan - Bringing healthcare to a lonely planet - impacting care of Bolivians by establishing collaborative academic-practice partnerships - $4,400 College of Nursing
- Giovanna Summerfield - East meets West: Sicily, a case study at the crossroads - $3,116 College of Liberal Arts - Foreign Language and Literatures
- Richard Weiss - Student exchange with Massey University in New Zealand - $4,995 College of Vetrinary Medicine - Pathobiology
- Gene McEldowney - Learning from the University of Edinburgh health care administration curriculum - $5,000 College of Liberal Arts - Political Science
- Michael Wooten and Troy Best - Field Ecology in Swaziland - $6,560 College of Science and Mathematics - Biological Sciences
Recipients will use the awarded funds to travel abroad to investigate, develop and finalize details for their proposed programs.
Auburn currently runs 55 faculty-led study abroad programs, 11 student exchanges and 13 international internship/externship programs.
For additional information on faculty grants for international programs or study abroad or exchange programs, please contact the Office of International Programs at 334-844-5001.
Last Updated: February 5, 2014