2012 Faculty Grant Recipients
The Office of International Programs awarded more than $65,000 for program development grants in 2012. Fourteen faculty projects were selected to receive a combined total of $65,800 for the development of study abroad, exchange and international collaborative teaching programs.
2012 Grant recipients include:
- Dr. Susan Waters, Communication and Journalism—Study Abroad in London (United Kingdom)
- Dr. Gisela Buschle-Diller, Polymer and Fiber Engineering—Student Exchange with Jiangnan University, Soochow University and Donghua University (China)
- Dr. Andrew Sinclair, Aerospace Engineering—Graduate Student Exchange with University of Pisa (Italy)
- Dr. Beverly Marshall, Dr. James Barth, Dr. L. Lee Colquitt, Dr. Claire Crutchley and Dr. Steve Swidler; Finance—Asian Financial Centers Study Abroad Program (China, Hong Kong and Singapore)
- Dr. Diane Hall and Dr. Chetan Sankar, Information Systems—Master's Research Study Abroad with Intel and Trinity University ( Ireland)
- Dr. Paul W. Jungnickel, Pharmacy—Clerkship Opportunities for Doctor of Pharmacy Students (Taiwan)
- Dr. Baker Ayoun and Dr. Martin O'Neill; Nutrition, Dietetics and Hospitality Management—Collaborative Agreements with Yarmouk University, Jordan Applied University, Jordan University and Al Hussein bin Talal University (Jordan)
- Dr. Wi-Suk Kwon, Dr. Hye Jeong Kim and Dr. Sandra Forsythe; Consumer Affairs—Study Tour Exchange Program with Seoul National University (South Korea)
- Dr. Hye Jeong Kim and Dr. Sang-Eun Byun, Consumer Affairs—Multicourse, Multicultural Collaborative Learning with Hangyang University, the Catholic University of South Korea and National Cheng Kung University (South Korea and Taiwan)
- Dr. Constance Smith Hendricks and Dr. Gregg Newschwander, Nursing—Study Abroad in Malawi
- Dr. Octavia Tripp, Curriculum and Teaching—Study Abroad in Malawi
- Dr. Zdenko Krtic, Art—Collaborative teaching with Zagreb Art Academy (Croatia)
- Dr. Karen Rogers, Dr. Richard Burt and Dr. David Hinson; Architecture, Design and Construction—Student Exchange with Universitat Politencnica de Catalunya (Spain)
- Dr. Scott Kramer and Dr. Salman Azhar, Building Science—Student Exchange with Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Hong Kong)
Recipients allocated the awarded funds toward travel abroad to investigate, develop and finalize details for their proposed programs.
For additional information on faculty grants for international programs or study abroad or exchange programs, please contact the Office of International Programs at 334-844-5001.
Last Updated: February 5, 2014