Safety and Health
Auburn/ACES Safety and Health
- Visual Guide to Landing Safety: Provides image based, bilingual training tool for landing safety issues.
- Operation of Feller Bunchers
- Operation of Skidders
- Operation of Grapple Skidders
- Log Yard and Landing Operations
- Log Loading/Unloading Safety
Regulatory information is important to insure safety Compliance. OSHA has developed the OSHA Logging eTool as way to organize safety and health information relevant to logging. For more tools in understanding OSHA compliance the Small Business section of the OSHA website organizes the information efficiently.
Understanding of OSHA regulations that affect logging can be further enhanced by referring to "Revised Loggers Guide to the New OSHA Logging Safety Standards Handbook" available for order from www.loggingsafety.com.
Presentations on OSHA logging standard developed by WVU are available on the OSHA website
Many organizations are active in delivering training and producing materials and tools for forestry safety and health training
- Forest Resources Association, Timber Harvesting and Transportation Safety Foundation (THATS)
- Forest Industry Safety & Training Alliance
- Game of Logging
- Forest Applications Training, Inc.
- Association of Equipment Manufacturers
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Equipment Dealers
- Oregon Face Reports
- Workers Compensation Providers
- Logging Safety: A Field Guide (New York)
- Logging and Forestry (Oregon)