*Rationale: Often times, children have a difficult time recognizing the letter "b". In this lesson children will learn to identify, write, and relate pictures which begin with the letter "b."
*Materials: Baa! I'm a Sheep (class set), primary writing paper, pencil, chalkboard, chalk, b pictures, d pictures.
1) Who likes biscuits?? BBBBBBiscuits. Who likes doughnuts?? DDDDDdoughnuts. Great!!!
2) Okay, let's practice writing our b's. (Model/demonstrate first).
3) Pass out a picture sheet and have students write a "b" on all the b pictures.
4) Read the B page from the ABC book.
5) Have students read Baa! I'm a Sheep and have them mash the sheep each time they see a "b" word.
Dr.Seuss, ABC. New York, Beginner Books. 1963. 63 pages.
Baa! I'm a Sheep
to Inspirations click here: