Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology
M.S., Beijing University
B.S., Zhejiang Normal University
Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
2002 - present
Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
1997 - 2002
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Auburn University
1992 - 1997
Research and Teaching Interests
Applied Mathematics and Analysis: Differential Equations; Dynamical Systems and Their Applications
- Wenxian Shen and Zhongwei Shen, Transition fronts in time heterogeneous and random media of ignition type, submitted (2014), arXiv:1407.7579
- Liang Kong and Wenxian Shen, Liouville Type Property and Spreading Speeds of KPP Equations in Periodic Media with Localized Spatial Inhomogeneity, Journal of Dynamics Differential Equations, 26 (2014), no. 1, 181-215.
- Janusz Mierczynski and Wenxian Shen, Principal Lyapunov Exponents and Principal Floquet Spaces of Positive Random Dynamical Systems. I. General Theory,Transactions of the American Mathematical Society, 365 (2013) no. 10, 5239-5265.
- Wenxian Shen and Aijun Zhang, Spreading Speeds for Monostable Equations with Nonlocal Dispersal in Space Periodic Habitats (with Journal of Differential Equations,249 (2010), 749-795.
- Wenxian Shen, Traveling Waves in Diffusive Random Media, Journal of Dynamics Differential Equations, 16 (2004), 1011-1060.