Postdoctoral Researcher - University of North Carolina
2001 - 2007
Postdoctoral Researcher - Wake Forest University
1998 - 2001
Ph.D. - Plant Sciences, University of Arizona
B.S. - Biological Sciences, Florida State University
Research and Teaching Interests
My overall research interests are focused on both development and effects of abiotic stress on plants, with a specifically interest in how the plant hormone cytokinin is involved in these processes. My lab uses molecular, genetic, and physiological approaches to study a set of transcription factors known as Cytokinin Response Factors (CRFs), which are regulated by both cytokinin and stress. A major goal of my research is a better understanding of how cytokinin and stress interact through CRFs in both Arabidopsis and tomato to control essential plant processes and development. My teaching interests parallel my research interests and are focused on plant biology, development, and plant hormones.
- Zwack P.J., Compton M.A., Adams C.I., Rashotte A.M. (2016) Cytokinin Response Factor 4 (CRF4) is induced by cold and involved in freezing tolerance. Plant Cell Rep. 35: 573–584.
- Keshishian E.A. and Rashotte A.M. (2015) Plant Cytokinin Signalling. Essays Biochem. 58: 13-27.
- Zwack P.J. and Rashotte A.M. (2015) Interactions between Cytokinin Signalling and Abiotic Stress Responses. J. Exp. Bot. 66: 4863-4871.
- Gupta S. and Rashotte A.M. (2014) Expression patterns of SlCRF3 and SlCRF5 in response to cytokinin and abiotic stress conditions in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum). J. Plant Physiol. 171: 349-358.
- Shi X., Gupta S., Rashotte A.M. (2014) Characterization of Two Tomato AP2/ERF genes, SlCRF1 and SlCRF2 in Hormone and Stress Responses. Plant Cell Rep. 33: 35-45.
- Shi X., Gupta S., Lindquist I.E., Cameron C.T., Mudge J., Rashotte A.M. (2013) Transcriptome analysis of cytokinin response in tomato leaves. PLoS ONE 8: e55090.
- Zwack P.J., Robinson B.R., Risley M.G., Rashotte A.M. (2013) Cytokinin Response Factor 6 negatively regulates leaf senescence and is induced in response to cytokinin and numerous abiotic stresses. Plant Cell Physiol. 54: 971-981.
- Gupta S., Shi X., Lindquist I.E., Devitt N.P., Mudge J., Rashotte A.M. (2013) Transcriptome profiling of cytokinin and auxin regulation in tomato root. J. Exp. Bot. 64: 695-704.
- Zwack P.J., Shi X., Robinson B.R., Gupta S., Gerken D.M., Compton M.A., Goertzen L.R., Rashotte A.M. (2012) Vascular expression and C-terminal sequence divergence of Cytokinin Response Factors in flowering plants. Plant Cell Physiol. 53: 1683-1695.
- Shi, X., S. Gupta, A.M. Rashotte. (2012) Solanum lycopersicum Cytokinin Response Factors (SlCRFs) genes: characterization of CRF domain containing ERF genes in tomato. J. Exp. Bot. 63: 973–982.