Hood lab graduate students indicated by a G superscript and undergraduates indicated by a U superscript.
- Hood, WR and M HobensackU. 2015. The Effect of Locomotion on the Mobilization of Minerals from the Maternal Skeleton. PLoS One 10(3): e0122702.
- Mateos-Gonzalez F, WR Hood and GE Hill. 2014. Carotenoid coloration predicts escape performance in the House Finch. Auk 131:275-281
- Hood, WR, DS Kessler, OT Oftedal. 2014. Milk composition and lactation strategy of a eusocial mammal, the naked mole-rat. Journal of Zoology 293:108–118
- Skibiel ALG, JR Speakman, and WR Hood. 2013. Testing the prediction of energy allocation decisions in the evolution of life history tradeoffs. Functional Ecology 27:1382–1391.
- Hill GE, Fu X, Balenger S, McGraw KJ, Giraudeau M, and WR Hood. 2103. Changes in Concentrations of Circulating Heat Shock Proteins in Wild Songbirds in Response to Distinct Environmental Stressors. Journal of Field Ornithology 84:416-424 .
- Schmidt CMG and WR Hood. 2014. Bone loss is a physiological cost of reproduction in white-footed mice (Peromyscus leucopus). Mammalian Biology 79:96–100.
- Skibiel ALG, LM DowningU, TJ Orr, and WR Hood. 2013. The evolution of the nutrient composition of mammalian milks. Journal of Animal Ecology 82:1254-1264.
- Skibiel ALG and WR Hood. 2013. Milk Composition in a Hibernating Rodent; the Columbian Ground Squirrel (Urocitellus columbianus). Journal of Mammalogy 94:146-154.
- Schmidt Booher CMG and WR Hood. 2012. Primary sex-ratio is influenced by calcium availability in white-footed mice. PLoS One 7(8): e41402.
- Hood WR. 2012. A test of bone mobilization relative to reproductive demand: Skeletal quality is improved in cannibalistic females with large litters. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology. 85: 385-396.
- Hood WR, OT Oftedal, TH Kunz. 2011. Is tissue maturation necessary for flight? Changes in body composition during postnatal development in the big brown bat. Journal of Comparative Physiology B 181: 423-435.
- Booher, CM and WR Hood. 2010. Calcium utilization during reproduction in big brown bats (Eptesicus fuscus). Journal of Mammalogy 91: 952-959.
- Hood, WR, MB Voltura, and OT Oftedal. 2009. Methods of measuring milk composition and yield in small mammals. Pp. 529-553 in TH Kunz and S Parsons (ed) Ecological and Behavioral Methods for the Study of Bats. John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore.
- Hood, WR, OT Oftedal, TH Kunz. 2006. Variation in body composition of female big brown bats (Eptesicus fuscus) during lactation. Journal of Comparative Physiology B 176: 807-819.