Ph.D. - University of California, Berkeley
M.Sc. - University of North Texas
B.Sc. - SUNY, College at Oneonta
Research and Teaching Interests
- Effects of watershed disturbance and restoration on stream communities.
- Ecology of benthic invertebrates in temporary habitats.
- Biological interactions and life history patterns of aquatic invertebrates.
- Influence of aquatic invertebrate grazers on stream ecosystems.
- Experimental design and analysis of aquatic ecological studies.
- Paller, M. H., B. A. Prusha, D. E. Fletcher, E. Kosnicki, S. A. Sefick, S. C. Sterrett, A. M. Grosse, T. D. Tuberville, and J. W. Feminella. 2016. Factors influencing stream fish species composition and functional properties at multiple spatial scales in the Sand Hills of the southeastern United States. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 145:545-562. PDF
- Newmann, M. M., M. R. Liles, and J. W. Feminella. 2015. Litter breakdown and microbial succession on two submerged leaf species in a small forested stream. PLOS ONE 10(6) e0130801, doi 10.1371. PDF
- Sefick, S. A., L. Kalin, E. Kosnicki, B. P. Schneid, M. S. Jarrell, C. J. Anderson, M. H. Paller, and J. W. Feminella. 2015. Empirical estimation of stream discharge using channel geometry in low-gradient, sand-bed streams of the Southeasterns Plains. Journal of the American Water Resources Association doi:10.1111/jawr.12278 PDF
- Kosnicki, E., S. A. Sefick, M. H. Paller, M. S. Jarrell, B. A. Prusha, S. C. Sterret, T. D. Tuberville, and J. W. Feminella. 2014. Defining the reference condition for wadeable streams in the Sand Hills subdivision of the Southeastern Plains ecoregion, USA. Environmental Managementdoi: 10.1007/s00267-014-0320-0 PDF
- Helms, B., W. Budnick, P. Pecora, J. Skipper, E. Kosnicki, J. W. Feminella, and J. Stoeckel. 2013. The influence of soil type, congeneric cues, and floodplain connectivity on the local distribution of the devil crayfish (Cambarus diogenes Girard). Freshwater Science 32:1333-1344. PDF