Funding has been made available by the College of Sciences and Mathematics to support travel related to research and teaching for the upcoming fiscal year.
Application forms can be found on the left sidebar at the COSAM Faculty Travel website (http://www.auburn.edu/academic/cosam/departments/research/travel/faculty/) or can be obtained by emailing the committee chair (Randall Holmes, firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications must be complete to be considered. The committee will review the applications shortly after the deadline and announce its decisions promptly.:
|For Travel Planned During||Strict Application Deadline|
|April 1, 2015 - September 30, 2015||March 20, 2015|
|October 1, 2015 – March 31, 2016||September 18, 2015|
Official deadlines are contained in the Call for Applications, a memorandum sent to all COSAM faculty members roughly a month before each deadline.
Application forms can be filled in online and then printed before submittal or they can be obtained by contacting the current CFTFC chair. The chair rotates yearly. CFTFC members are:
|Name||Term||Year as Chair|
|Randall Holmes (Mathematics & Statistics)||email@example.com|
|Joanna Diller (Biological Sciences)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Philip Chaney (Geology/Geography)||email@example.com|
Applications must be complete to be considered. The committee will review the applications shortly after the deadline and announce its decisions promptly.
1. Funds will be utilized in support of research and teaching activities associated with presentations at national and international technical meetings, conferences, and symposia. (Awards for travel not involving a formal technical presentation by the traveler are rare).
2. Foreign travel qualifies but is subject to university mandated restrictions.
3. Funds are limited to COSAM faculty members holding full-time tenured or tenure-track appointments and to research professors who are employed on campus during the semester that travel takes place.
4. Travel must take place during the time specified in the application.
5. The maximum amount of each award is usually $500. Each faculty member can receive at most one COSAM travel award in any two consecutive review periods.
1. Positive factors relate to active teaching and research programs of the applicant, the quality of the meeting, the importance of the meeting to the faculty member, and the applicant’s funding situation.
2. Some preference is given to an applicant who has attempted to obtain funds from other sources.
3. Preference is given to people who have not recently received a COSAM Travel Award.
4. The funds will be distributed with consideration given to each of the departments represented in the pool of applicants.
Your complete application (additional instructions on form) must be submitted electronically to the committee chair (Randall Holmes, firstname.lastname@example.org) as an e-mail attachment on or before the deadline.Paper copies will not be accepted.