Orientation: June 5, 2016
Program Dates: June 5 – June 30, 2016
Closing Luncheon: June 30, 2016
The COSAM Summer Bridge Program is an intensive four-week residential program for talented and highly motivated minority students (incoming freshman) from populations traditionally underrepresented in the sciences and mathematics who desire a head start in their college career. This program, takes place on the main campus of Auburn University and emphasizes academic preparedness, development and enhancement of study and time management skills, establishment of academic and social support and career awareness. Chemistry and mathematics faculty, graduate teaching assistants, counselors and academic advisors staff the program.
- Must be a member of a group traditionally underrepresented in sciences and mathematics
- Must be a graduating high school senior admitted to Auburn University’s College of Sciences and Mathematics for Fall 2016
- ACT score of 18-28 (Students with higher ACT scores are encouraged to apply)
- Must have attended a Camp War Eagle session prior to June 5, 2016
- Must submit completed application package by Monday, March 7, 2016
- Enhances student analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Improves study habits, time management and interpersonal skills
- Establishes a supportive network of peers, staff, faculty and administrators
Room and board expenses for each student are provided. In addition, students will be loaned textbooks for the chemistry and mathematics courses. Transportation to and from Auburn University and other personal expenses are the responsibility of the student.
Here are the documents you will need to complete your application:
For additional information, contact Donarius Burr, Interim Minority Programs Coordinator, at email@example.com or (334) 844-4642.
Last Updated: 06/27/2016