STEM Summer Bridge Program
June 4 - June 30, 2017
In 1997, the College of Sciences and Mathematics established the STEM Summer Bridge Program to assist students that are underrepresented in STEM fields with academic and social support to excel with the rigorous COSAM curriculum. This 4-week residential program for highly motivated students takes place on the main campus of Auburn University and emphasizes academic preparedness, development and enhancement of study and time management skills. The STEM Summer Bridge Program provides an opportunity for participants to:
Enhance their science and math skills
Develop/improve critical and analytical thinking skills
Engage in professional development and career awareness activities
Network with COSAM faculty, staff, and students as well as campus partners
Who Can Participate:
- Any member of a traditionally underrepresented group in STEM
- Incoming freshmen accepted to Auburn University College of Science and Mathematics
- Must have attended Camp War Eagle prior to June 4, 2017
- Application must be submitted by March 10, 2017
The program provides financial support including room, board, and instructional materials. Participants are responsible for transportation to and from Auburn University.
Interested? (Apply here) Electronic submission of application must include:
- High school transcript
- 500-word personal narrative
- Two letters of recommendation, one must be from a teacher, counselor, or school administrator. No recommendation letters from family members will be accepted.
Do you or your parents have questions? We are here to help!
If you would like additional information, please call or contact Dr. Kimberly Mulligan (email@example.com or 334-844-4642).
Last Updated: 04/06/2017